Sunday, January 04, 2015

Jan 4 ~ Cold



I have long johns on under my long johns. Feels like 2 degrees out there. But I can do just ONE MILE, right???
I think I'll spare you the pic of my bundledupness. I don't match at all. Northface would not approve. 

I have lots of deep thoughts running around in my head today. What do you expect? It's the first week of the year and we are all redefining, repurposing, recommitting, and all that. 
But just in case you really are here, I'll make it worth your click. 

This life I live is really built on a deep Faith. You don't have to dig through past blog entries too far to find references to God woven all throughout. As I think through my personal goals for this new year, my walk with Christ is really front and center. 
I'm afraid to be truthful here, but I promised I'd be honest. I would love to commit to a Read Through The ENTIRE BIBLE in ONE YEAR plan, but I've done that so many times and failed miserably. So, I will start with just one book (kinda like the 'just one mile' thing…) I can read just one book of the Bible by the end of the month, so I will do that. The book of Acts. Why that book? Why not Genesis or Matthew? Because I want to read about the early Christian church and how they prayed and relied on the Holy Spirit to bring blessing. Yeah, us baptists don't talk about the Holy Spirit near enough. Well, I'm in. I wanna know more and experience more of Him in my daily life. And I want to abide there… 
Since you are here and you are actually reading this, what is your goal? Do you want to know more about this God I talk about? How are you going to get more of Him in your life? Feel free to comment below, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

So it's now the very end of my day and time to close this laptop. By the way, we did do that mile, and in fact we did TWO. Yes, it was cold. And tomorrow may be colder. If I have to keep piling on the layers, I may need to order me some Northface! (yessss!)







1 comment:

Amy Sue said...

Hi Teri,
One thing Brad and I did last year was to read through the book of Proverbs each month. It is a literal gold mine. This year we are reading through Ecclesiastes and Romans each month. To mix it up a bit we did read it in a different translation each month.

Hang in there with your commitments and consistency; it gets easier. The results are a giant motivator. As the days turn warmer you'll be doing more than a mile just for the sheer pleasure of it!
Amy Sue