Monday, January 26, 2015

Jan 26 - REST

I simply cannot believe it. On Saturday - I TOTALLY FORGOT. That one mile simply slipped my mind!  I have made all this effort to get outside or hit the treadmill, I've walked in the freezing, cold rain, wind, after busy busy days, only to let it slip my mind?

 I feel like a failure.

I can explain… It was Saturday, we slept in, I studied my Bible, I made breakfast, I painted our bathroom ceiling all day, I ran to the grocery store, I made dinner, I had friends over… and then the day was over. Over, without that mile.

 OH WELL.  Life goes on, and we just pick it up again, right?

And you know what? I really, really needed that day to recover. I had hit the pavement hard all week, trying to build up my stamina, and my chins were killing me! Bootcamp also had made every muscle in my upper body scream all morning, so maybe I did just need the rest. I feel great now, and will probably be even better for it.

Lesson learned? There is a God watching over me, and protecting me, and He knows when I've had too much. My day was filled with productivity, and blessing, and I am completely grateful for that! NOT a failure. Absolutely NOT.


And just for your viewing pleasure, I thought I'd include a shot from our recent trip to Charleston, SC over Christmas - this is Middleton Place. Must. Go. Back. Soon!








No comments: